Leroy "Roy" CARNEY
- Roy N. CARNEY
- Earl CARNEY
- Howard CARNEY
1900 federal census,
Cahokia township, Macoupin co. Illinois (page 3A, household 49):
- CARNEY, Wm., male, born Apr 1848, married 13 years, born in Tennessee, both parents born in TN.
- CARNEY, Mary E., female, born Dec 1860, wife, married 13 years, born in IL, both parents born in New Jersey.
- CARNEY, Rose D. [sic], female, born Nov 1888, daughter, single, born in IL, father born in Tennessee, mother born in IL.
- CARNEY, Leroy, male, born Feb 1893, son, single, born in IL, father born in Tennessee, mother born in IL.
- CARNEY, Gertrude C., female, born Sep 1896, daughter, single, born in IL, father born in Illinois [sic], mother born in IL.
1920 federal census, Cahokia township, Gillespie city 2, Macoupin co. IL:
- CARNEY, Roy, male, age 26 years, married, born in IL.
- CARNEY, Hazel, wife, female, age 27 years, married, born in IL.
- CARNEY, Roy N., son, male, age 5 years, single, born in IL.
Illinois deaths and stillbirths, 1916-1947:
- Name: Leroy Carney
- Death Date: 10 May 1941
- Death Place: Eagerville [sic], Macoupin co. IL
- Gender: Male
- Age: 48
- Birth Date: 12 February 1893
- Birthplace: Gillespie IL
- Father: William Carney
- Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
- Mother: Mary Emma Butler
- Mother's Birth Place: Litchfield IL
- Occupation: Miner, Superior Coal Co.
- Residence: Gillespie, Macoupin co. IL
- Burial Date: 12 May 1941
- Burial Place: Gillespie, Macoupin co. IL
Illinois State Journal, Sunday, 11 May 1941, page 1 column 5:
Gillespie Man Is Killed In Mine
Roy Carney Caught By Fall Of Slate.
Gillespie, May 10. -- Roy Carney, lifelong resident of this city, was killed while at his work in Mine No. 1 of the Superior Coal Co. at Eagerville [sic] this afternoon, when caught under a fall of slate while operating a loading machine.
Carney had been employed for a number of years at mines near here and several years ago was seriously injured while at his work. He was prominent in the Masonic lodge and the Methodist church. He and his wife celebrated their twenty-eighth wedding anniversary March 1.
He is survived by his wife, Hazel; his mother,
three sons, Roy Norman, Earl and Howard.
Remains were removed to the Wiese funeral home where an inquest was held tonight.