Magdalena (unknown) CHRISTEN GUGGER
With Joseph R. CHRISTEN:
- John C. CHRISTEN (1856-1939)
- Elizabeth (CHRISTEN) GEIGER (1867-1923)
- Josephine (CHRISTEN) PURSEY (1869-1931)
With Jacob GUGGER:
- Joseph P. GUGGER (1873-1910)
- Jacob R. GUGGER (1879-1952)
1870 United States census,
Macoupin co. Illinois :
- Joseph CHRISTIAN [sic], male, age 45 years, born in Switzerland, farmer.
- Lena CHRISTIAN, female, age 29 years [sic], born in Prussia, keeps house.
- John CHRISTIAN, male, age 12 years, born in Missouri, help on farm.
- Elizabeth CHRISTIAN, female, age 4 years, born in Illinois.
- Josephine CHRISTIAN, female, born Sep 1869, age 11 months, born in Illinois.
- Julius SHUBERD, male, age 50 years, born in Saxony, laborer.
Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 :
Jacob GUGGIN [sic] and Mrs. Magdalene CHRISTIAN [sic].
Declaration of Guardian of Minor Children for Pension :
[...] the parents [...] were married at "Carlinville"
in the County of "Macoupin"
and State of "Illinois"
on the "21st"
day of "June 1872"
by "Henry Eggerstein Pastor St. Joseph's Catholic Church"
1880 United States census,
Macoupin co. Illinois :
- Jacob YAGGER [sic], male, age 53 years, head, married, born in Switzerland, both parents born in Switzerland, farmer.
- Magdalina YAGGER, female, age 39 years, wife, married, born in Germany, both parents born in Germany, keeping house.
- Joseph YAGGER, male, age 6 years, son, single, born in Illinois, father born in Switzerland, mother born in Germany.
- Elija CHRISTAN [sic], female, age 13 years, step-daughter, single, born in Illinois, father born in Switzerland, mother born in Germany, at home.
- Josephene CHRISTAN, female, age 10 years, step-daughter, single, born in Illinois, father born in Switzerland, mother born in Germany, at home.
- Julius SHEPHERD, male, age 65 years, other relationship to head, single, born in Germany, both parents born in Germany, tin smith.
- John RADER, male, age 40 years, other relationship to head, single, born in Germany, both parents born in Germany, farm laborer.
There is no Death what seems so is transition
This life of Mortal Breath
Is but a Suburb of the Life Elysian
Whose portal we call Death.
In Loving Remembrance
Mrs. Jacob Gugger
Died May 14, 1891.
Aged 50 Yrs., 3 Mos., 17 Ds.
A precious one from us has gone,
A voice we loved is stilled;
A place is vacant in our home,
Which never can be filled.
God in his wisdom has recalled,
The boon His love had given;
And though the body moulders here,
The soul is safe in Heaven.